Sunday, May 10, 2009

People and me!

I love this painting on the side of the building just a block from where I live... it is about people.... and the people you meet in New York are really something!
Crazy, loud, funky, hip, creative, passionate, driven, brutally honest and most of all Inspiring!

Despite the reputation of New Yorkers... I really dig the energy of the people here.
I have been lucky in meeting lots of inspiring, creative and successful people who are just so passionate about what they do and generous with their friendship.

Today, I've added some beautiful items to Philo's collection ( a great piece of 80s Giorgio Armani pants and a black leather coach belt), all from a friendly vendor I met at a flea market...she is an unassuming fashion stylish who works as a stylist on movies (with BIG international stars whom I shouldn't name) and I am not surprised that many of the items I got today came from actual movie sets worn by the big stars. ( Yes, I have done my research and she is certainly telling me the truth!)

My other great finds from the past week are from a very reputable vintage store near my apartment... a spunky lady who shared with me how she is a personal friend of a famous fashion designer in Paris whom she sends vintage clothes to as inspirations for his collections year after year! I was so awed by the beautiful items in her shop and spent nearly 2 hours inside browing and listening to her share her story and love of vintage with me.

The people you meet in New York..ah.. they are all really something.
Thank you for the inspiration and the friendship.
And more importantly, I know I will be getting some great stuff for all of Philo's regulars when I get back... direct from New York... all with a story to tell!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Wear it with Love! --Vintage Addict Anonymous